Only five Republican and two Democratic candidates remain in the race for the White House. This past week, both South Carolina and Nevada went to the polls, handing Donald Trump the victories he needed to reinforce his control over the GOP field and helping Hillary Clinton retake some of the momentum that had been credited to her competitor, Bernie Sanders.
This week, in our selection of the most surprising political photographs, we turned our attention towards the props and people that make this campaign into an outlandish show.
——TIME’s selection of the Surprising Political Photographs of the Week is published every Thursday.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time