A nurse at a Pennsylvania Veterans Affair hospital allegedly participated in an emergency surgery while drunk, according to a Washington Post report.
Richard Pieri now faces charges a slew of charges including endangering another person and driving under the influence, according to court documents obtained by the Post. He reportedly told investigators that he had forgotten he was on call and had gotten drunk at a local casino. He did not want to call in sick when he received word of an emergency appendectomy, according to the report.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time