A Washington woman recently found a rare, valuable pearl in her restaurant meal.
Lindsay Hasz was dining at Montalcino Ristorante Italiano in Issaquah with her husband Christopher when she discovered a purple pearl inside a clam in her seafood pasta dish, KOMO News and The Issaquah Press report. She took it to the Northwest Gemological Laboratory, where gemologist Ted Irwin told her these kinds of Quahog clams are usually found on the East Coast and estimated the pearl could be worth up to $600.
The restaurant was thrilled. As co-owner Fernando Nardone told to ABC News, “We only serve the finest for our customers.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time