During a Tuesday visit to The Late Show, alt-rock band the Violent Femmes invited Stephen Colbert to join them for a whimsical rendition of their 1983 classic “Blister in the Sun.”
We say whimsical mostly because the performance involves a barbecue grill used as a percussion instrument. It also involves a festive audience singalong and some scatting from Colbert. (He joins the band about three minutes into the performance.)
The Violent Femmes used their Late Show appearance as an opportunity to promote their first new album in 16 years, We Can Do Anything. We’re now really hoping for a Stephen Colbert cameo somewhere on the album.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement