It’s been weird watching these Uncharted videos for the past few years, knowing original series writer Amy Hennig’s hand no longer holds the rudder (she left the company in 2014 over alleged creative differences). But boy does studio Naughty Dog’s new Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End story trailer look slick.
And it gets the job done. I want to know a lot more about Sam Drake (voiced by the fantastic Troy Baker), don’t you? You don’t bring a long presumed dead older sibling back to life without capsizing the Nathan-Sully-Elena-and-maybe-Chloe dynamic.
It’s definitely as bright and colorful as all the prior installments, but there’s something faintly tragic-sounding to the Nathan/Sam chitchat. Are we headed for Kleenex-ville? Since we’ve been told this is protagonist Nathan Drake’s final outing?
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State