It’s been weird watching these Uncharted videos for the past few years, knowing original series writer Amy Hennig’s hand no longer holds the rudder (she left the company in 2014 over alleged creative differences). But boy does studio Naughty Dog’s new Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End story trailer look slick.
And it gets the job done. I want to know a lot more about Sam Drake (voiced by the fantastic Troy Baker), don’t you? You don’t bring a long presumed dead older sibling back to life without capsizing the Nathan-Sully-Elena-and-maybe-Chloe dynamic.
It’s definitely as bright and colorful as all the prior installments, but there’s something faintly tragic-sounding to the Nathan/Sam chitchat. Are we headed for Kleenex-ville? Since we’ve been told this is protagonist Nathan Drake’s final outing?
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve