Vienna is the world’s best city to live in, a new study has found.
The capital of Austria boasts the best quality of life for residents in terms of social and economic conditions, health, education, housing and the environment, according to the 18th Mercer Quality of Life study. Vienna is trailed by Zurich in Switzerland, Auckland in New Zealand, Munich in Germany, and Vancouver in Canada.
The international research also found that Baghdad is the worst city to live in. London and Paris and New York are not even in the top 35 tier, while Paris drastically fell in rankings due to last year’s deadly terrorist attacks, The Guardian reports.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve