Celebrities doing dramatic readings of popular songs seems to be the new big thing right now. Eva Longoria recently teamed up with Mashable to bring fans an emotional rendition of the Spice Girls’ “Wannabe,” and it was a surprisingly intense interpretation of the song. In the clip, the 40-year-old Desperate Housewives alum recites the lyrics to the 1996 hit in the style of a soap opera, complete with tears, exaggerated gestures and a theatrical break-down.
The segment was released on Monday as a part of Longoria’s promotional tour for her NBC sitcom Telenovela.
Watch the full video above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com