Whether beloved for their sweet disposition, energy or willingness to play fetch, Labrador Retrievers have been the most prevalent dog breed for 25 years in a row— the longest streak for any dog, the AKC reports. German Shepherds and Golden Retrievers also proved likable, hold the second and third spots respectively.
Bulldogs and French Bulldogs both made the top 10, despite controversies surrounding bulldog breeding practices. Rounding out the bottom of the list of 189 breeds is the English Foxhound, dropping 6 spots from last year.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma