The Simpsons mocked the spectacle that is the 2016 presidential election in a short clip that reimagines a world in which the candidates all get along.
The two-minute clip shows the crop of Republican and Democratic hopefuls dancing and singing along to James Taylor’s “How Sweet It Is” on stage. The dream sequence comes after Marge wakes up in a panic over the race and starts hyperventilating. “I can’t take it anymore!” she tells Homer. “Basic manners are gone from politics. What is it with these ding-dongs?”
Homer tries to calm her down by saying that the political situation is “just like when you have a bad dream, except this is real and will probably ruin your lives.” He advises her to “visualize another America,” one in which “Republicans and Democrats and Donald Trump all get along.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science