The Simpsons mocked the spectacle that is the 2016 presidential election in a short clip that reimagines a world in which the candidates all get along.
The two-minute clip shows the crop of Republican and Democratic hopefuls dancing and singing along to James Taylor’s “How Sweet It Is” on stage. The dream sequence comes after Marge wakes up in a panic over the race and starts hyperventilating. “I can’t take it anymore!” she tells Homer. “Basic manners are gone from politics. What is it with these ding-dongs?”
Homer tries to calm her down by saying that the political situation is “just like when you have a bad dream, except this is real and will probably ruin your lives.” He advises her to “visualize another America,” one in which “Republicans and Democrats and Donald Trump all get along.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time