Good Day Spokane news anchor Nichole Mischke probably had no idea what she was getting into when she was sent out to interview Flossie Dickey on her 110th birthday. What was undoubtedly intended as a heartwarming human-interest story quickly turned into a riveting melodrama as Mischke did her best to engage Dickey in conversation and Dickey did her best not to fall asleep in front of the camera.
Despite the full cup of coffee Dickey had in her hands, she just couldn’t whip up any enthusiasm for the interview or her upcoming family birthday party. (“Are you looking forward to the party?” “Not one bit.”)
Luckily Mischke was able to get Dickey to reveal her secret to a good long life: “Don’t fight it, just live it.” That motto could be embroidered on a pillow, but why not just take a nap instead? Dickey would undoubtedly approve.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State