Once you’ve gotten your dog to master basic commands like sit and stay, it can be fun to train them to perform more advanced tricks. Or maybe even train them to do household chores like fetching the mail and loading the dishwasher.
This woman, however, took a less useful but more entertaining route. She has trained her pup to meow like a cat. At first, when told to meow, he barks instead. Eventually, though, he masters the meow, and receives a treat for his efforts.
Once he really gets the meow down, this could become a great parlor trick.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief