This isn’t the first time Kerry Washington has been embarrassed by her parents’ Game of Thrones obsession, and with the circles she runs in, it may not be the last. Washington appeared on Thursday’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live! and revealed she had brought her mother along as her guest. However, dear old mom didn’t come to sit in the audience and watch her daughter; she came to meet Kimmel’s second guest of the evening, Thrones’ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.
The elder Washington even stayed backstage in hopes of increasing her chances of meeting the man who plays Jaime Lannister. “My dressing room is next to his dressing room, so I have this fear that she’s got this cup against the wall, listening to what he’s doing,” the Scandal actress said.
“That’s the best-case scenario,” the host joked.
Watch the full clip above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com