Good news, breakfast lovers: McDonald’s is testing a new item that could potentially land on the franchise’s all-day breakfast menu.
Eleven McDonald’s locations in central Ohio are experimenting with the Chicken McGriddle, Columbus Business First reports. It involves a fried chicken patty sandwiched between two maple syrup-infused pancake buns:
The chain has experimented with similar products, but this specific sandwich is the brainchild of Brian Mortellaro, who owns eight McDonald’s in Ohio.
“It’s a chicken-and-waffles taste,” Mortellaro said. “I just think that’s something that isn’t out there right now.”
Apparently the Chicken McGriddle has been on the McDonald’s “secret menu” for a while, and has been a big hit:
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve