Good news, breakfast lovers: McDonald’s is testing a new item that could potentially land on the franchise’s all-day breakfast menu.
Eleven McDonald’s locations in central Ohio are experimenting with the Chicken McGriddle, Columbus Business First reports. It involves a fried chicken patty sandwiched between two maple syrup-infused pancake buns:
The chain has experimented with similar products, but this specific sandwich is the brainchild of Brian Mortellaro, who owns eight McDonald’s in Ohio.
“It’s a chicken-and-waffles taste,” Mortellaro said. “I just think that’s something that isn’t out there right now.”
Apparently the Chicken McGriddle has been on the McDonald’s “secret menu” for a while, and has been a big hit:
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working