Good news, breakfast lovers: McDonald’s is testing a new item that could potentially land on the franchise’s all-day breakfast menu.
Eleven McDonald’s locations in central Ohio are experimenting with the Chicken McGriddle, Columbus Business First reports. It involves a fried chicken patty sandwiched between two maple syrup-infused pancake buns:
The chain has experimented with similar products, but this specific sandwich is the brainchild of Brian Mortellaro, who owns eight McDonald’s in Ohio.
“It’s a chicken-and-waffles taste,” Mortellaro said. “I just think that’s something that isn’t out there right now.”
Apparently the Chicken McGriddle has been on the McDonald’s “secret menu” for a while, and has been a big hit:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org