Good news, breakfast lovers: McDonald’s is testing a new item that could potentially land on the franchise’s all-day breakfast menu.
Eleven McDonald’s locations in central Ohio are experimenting with the Chicken McGriddle, Columbus Business First reports. It involves a fried chicken patty sandwiched between two maple syrup-infused pancake buns:
The chain has experimented with similar products, but this specific sandwich is the brainchild of Brian Mortellaro, who owns eight McDonald’s in Ohio.
“It’s a chicken-and-waffles taste,” Mortellaro said. “I just think that’s something that isn’t out there right now.”
Apparently the Chicken McGriddle has been on the McDonald’s “secret menu” for a while, and has been a big hit:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now