After correctly solving the puzzle “gondola ride through Venice,” and in doing so, winning a trip to said city, Wheel of Fortune contestants David and Keri were excited to claim their prize. Little did they know the ultimate test was yet to come. In a clip from Wednesday’s episode of the game show, host Pat Sajak asks the couple what he presumably thought would be a simple question. “Let’s check your geography knowledge,” he says. “What country do you think we’re sending you to?”
Read More: Watch Vanna White Have a Hilarious Wheel of Fortune Wardrobe Malfunction
To the embarrassment of his wife, David quickly answers, “Paris,” before pausing for a moment and changing his response to, “France.”
Unfortunately, as Sajak and the members of the audience seem to know, Venice is in Italy. “Do we still get it?,” Keri asks.
Watch the full clip above.
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now