Jessica Alba’s eco-friendly e-commerce startup, Honest Company, is facing a law suit over whether its natural products are actually natural.
The plaintiffs in the suit, Brad and Manon Buonasera, claim that the products contain synthetic and toxic ingredients, according to a report from Fortune. The lawsuit, filed in a New York District Court, alleges that Alba’s company “falsely” and “deceptively” labeled its products, claiming that they contained “no harsh chemicals, ever!”
As Fortune notes, Honest Co. has previously faced allegations over their products, coming under fire last year for selling allegedly ineffective sunscreen.
The company responded to the suit in a statement to Fortune. “Our formulations are made with integrity and we remain steadfast in our commitment to transparency,” the statement says. “These allegations are without merit and we will vigorously defend this baseless lawsuit. ”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization