Kanye West not only released his latest album, The Life of Pablo, last week, he also revealed that he was $53 million in debt. Or, at least that he was in need of that sum “to bring more beautiful ideas to the world,” according to a tweet from the rapper.
Now, thanks to a fan named Jeremy Piatt, a GoFundMe has been created to help fund Ye’s future music and fashion projects. “Recently, Kanye let us in on his personal struggle. He is 53 million dollars in debt,” Piatt wrote. “We must open our hearts and wallets for Kanye today. Sure he is personally rich and can buy furs and houses for his family, but without our help, the true genius of Kanye West can’t be realized.”
Read More: Kanye West Says He’s $53 Million in Debt
Piatt explained to Mashable that he wouldn’t be personally able to withdraw any of the money from the account. “I am trying to reach out to Kanye or his people so the funds can be transferred to him,” he said. “I have been in contact with GoFundMe and we’ve agreed to keep the page up, but I am not able to withdraw any money. The only people who will be able to withdraw money will be Kanye or his team.”
The page has been active for one day and 150 people have donated $1,032 of the $53 million in that time.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy