Most teenagers beg their parents for a dog or a cat or maybe a hamster. But Matt, a 13-year-old living in the suburbs of Adelaide, Australia, really wanted a pet alpaca.
Two years ago, Matt’s dreams came true when he got Chewy the alpaca as a Christmas present, the Adelaide Messenger reports. The family says that compared to a dog, Chewy is easier to care for — but not quite as sweet and affectionate. (He spits at people who surprise him, and according to Matt, “It stinks so bad.”)
Luckily for us, Chewy has an Instagram, which means we can enjoy him through our screens without risking any spitting incidents.
See more Chewy-grams here.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy