Most teenagers beg their parents for a dog or a cat or maybe a hamster. But Matt, a 13-year-old living in the suburbs of Adelaide, Australia, really wanted a pet alpaca.
Two years ago, Matt’s dreams came true when he got Chewy the alpaca as a Christmas present, the Adelaide Messenger reports. The family says that compared to a dog, Chewy is easier to care for — but not quite as sweet and affectionate. (He spits at people who surprise him, and according to Matt, “It stinks so bad.”)
Luckily for us, Chewy has an Instagram, which means we can enjoy him through our screens without risking any spitting incidents.
See more Chewy-grams here.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief