Viewers of the Grammys on Monday night speculated that Gwen Stefani’s new single “Make Me Like You” might be about her new beau Blake Shelton, and now the singer has confirmed it’s true.
Stefani performed a live music video that doubled as an ad for Target during the broadcast, dancing on roller skates and visiting a bar with a neon sign reading “Blake’s.” On Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Tuesday night, the host teased, “Now was that for Blake Lively or Blake Griffin? Or perhaps, I don’t know, maybe another!” Stefani joked it was just a coincidence before admitting that the song is indeed about Blake Shelton.
Stefani said she was dating her colleague from The Voice after both of them announced they were divorcing their spouses last summer. “What’s so crazy is like, sometimes tragedy, if you really absorb it, you can turn it into something beautiful, and this whole album is really about just trying to take something that’s awful and just, I don’t know, healing from it,” she told Kimmel.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022