Viewers of the Grammys on Monday night speculated that Gwen Stefani’s new single “Make Me Like You” might be about her new beau Blake Shelton, and now the singer has confirmed it’s true.
Stefani performed a live music video that doubled as an ad for Target during the broadcast, dancing on roller skates and visiting a bar with a neon sign reading “Blake’s.” On Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Tuesday night, the host teased, “Now was that for Blake Lively or Blake Griffin? Or perhaps, I don’t know, maybe another!” Stefani joked it was just a coincidence before admitting that the song is indeed about Blake Shelton.
Stefani said she was dating her colleague from The Voice after both of them announced they were divorcing their spouses last summer. “What’s so crazy is like, sometimes tragedy, if you really absorb it, you can turn it into something beautiful, and this whole album is really about just trying to take something that’s awful and just, I don’t know, healing from it,” she told Kimmel.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up