The owners of the winning mega-jackpot Powerball ticket sold in Melbourne Beach, Florida, will make their public debut Wednesday, according to state lottery officials.
The Florida Lottery announced that the winners of the world-record January 13 lottery will step forward at a 1:30 p.m. press conference to claim their share of the landmark $1.58 billion-dollar prize.
The historic winnings will be divided between two other lucky families who picked the numbers 8-27-34-4-19 and 10: John and Lisa Robinson of Munford, Tennessee; and an as-yet-undisclosed ticket-holder in Chino Hills, California.
The Robinson family chose to take their jackpot in the form of a lump sum of…
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving