Everybody’s a critic — including Bernie Madoff.
In an email to NBC News, Madoff took umbrage over ABC’s portrayal in a recent mini-series of his life and crime. The 77-year-old pleaded guilty in 2009 to running a Ponzi scheme and stealing $17.5 billion from investors. He is serving a 150-year sentence.
“I’m sure it is fruitless to enumerate the numerous fiction and absurd mischaracterization (sic) in the ABC movie,” he wrote. “However I have never been one to turn the other cheek. I will just cover those incidents that have drawn queries.”
First, “I have NEVER slapped my son Mark,” wrote Madoff.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org