Thirty years ago, Pee-wee Herman had his first big-screen adventure. Now, he gets his first holiday. In Pee-wee’s Big Holiday, a new Netflix original produced by Judd Apatow, Paul Reubens returns as the perpetually playful, childlike character—or, as an elderly woman in the movie’s new trailer calls him, “the sweetest boy in Fairville.” Though Pee-wee takes this as a compliment, it is exactly this status that a mysterious stranger (Joe Manganiello) encourages him to challenge.
The stranger demands to know if Pee-wee ever been in a fight, broken a rule or had two women fight over him. The answer, at the movie’s outset at least, is no. But by the looks of the trailer, all that stands to change by the end.
Pee-wee’s Big Holiday will premiere at SXSW and begin streaming on Netflix on March 18.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy