Thirty years ago, Pee-wee Herman had his first big-screen adventure. Now, he gets his first holiday. In Pee-wee’s Big Holiday, a new Netflix original produced by Judd Apatow, Paul Reubens returns as the perpetually playful, childlike character—or, as an elderly woman in the movie’s new trailer calls him, “the sweetest boy in Fairville.” Though Pee-wee takes this as a compliment, it is exactly this status that a mysterious stranger (Joe Manganiello) encourages him to challenge.
The stranger demands to know if Pee-wee ever been in a fight, broken a rule or had two women fight over him. The answer, at the movie’s outset at least, is no. But by the looks of the trailer, all that stands to change by the end.
Pee-wee’s Big Holiday will premiere at SXSW and begin streaming on Netflix on March 18.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism