The Weeknd cleaned up his act for the Grammys.
The Canadian singer, known for bleak songs about drugs and sex, dressed up in a tux to perform his No. 1 hit “Can’t Feel My Face” before segueing into an acoustic version of his song “In the Night.”
Considering his performances in the past have been literally explosive—he performed around a ring of fire during last year’s MTV Video Music Awards—the simple arrangement and simple flashing lights of the medley were strikingly understated.
Both songs are from his already Grammy-winning album, The Beauty Behind the Madness, which took home the award for Best Urban Contemporary Album.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma