Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia died Saturday at the age of 79, leaving behind a long list of provocative opinions and colorful quotes.
The influential conservative had a 30-year legacy on the Supreme Court. Scalia wrote his decisions with an intellect and wit that many applauded, and they provide an insightful read into Scalia’s legal logic.
Below are some of the most colorful quotes from Justice Scalia’s time on the Supreme Court.
From his opinion on the Affordable Care Act
From his opinion on Gay Marriage
On law making
On the 2000 Election and Bush V. Gore
From a 1995 speech at Stanford University
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022