Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia died Saturday at the age of 79, leaving behind a long list of provocative opinions and colorful quotes.
The influential conservative had a 30-year legacy on the Supreme Court. Scalia wrote his decisions with an intellect and wit that many applauded, and they provide an insightful read into Scalia’s legal logic.
Below are some of the most colorful quotes from Justice Scalia’s time on the Supreme Court.
From his opinion on the Affordable Care Act
From his opinion on Gay Marriage
On law making
On the 2000 Election and Bush V. Gore
From a 1995 speech at Stanford University
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears