Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia died Saturday at the age of 79, leaving behind a long list of provocative opinions and colorful quotes.
The influential conservative had a 30-year legacy on the Supreme Court. Scalia wrote his decisions with an intellect and wit that many applauded, and they provide an insightful read into Scalia’s legal logic.
Below are some of the most colorful quotes from Justice Scalia’s time on the Supreme Court.
From his opinion on the Affordable Care Act
From his opinion on Gay Marriage
On law making
On the 2000 Election and Bush V. Gore
From a 1995 speech at Stanford University
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World