During an appearance on The Ellen Show set to air Friday, the President recorded a special message for Michelle in front of a romantic background and a live viewing audience. Not to mention the millions who will likely tune in live and online.
“Michelle, this Valentine’s Day I’m going to treat you right,” Obama says, as the instrumental for Barry White’s “Never Gonna Give You Up played in the background. “I’m going to make you some zucchini bread and then spread out some veggies on a plate, just the way you like it.”
In a shameless plug for the President’s signature health care law, he said “I love you so much. I ObamaCare about you more than you even know.”
The President’s message followed a surprise video appearance by the First Lady, who recited a special poem for the commander-in-chief. “Roses are red, violets are blue. You are the president, and I am your boo,” Michelle Obama said.
Watch the full video below.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now