President Obama will be spending Valentine’s Day in California, but that isn’t stopping him from doing something sweet for the First Lady.
During an appearance on The Ellen Show set to air Friday, the President recorded a special message for Michelle in front of a romantic background and a live viewing audience. Not to mention the millions who will likely tune in live and online.
“Michelle, this Valentine’s Day I’m going to treat you right,” Obama says, as the instrumental for Barry White’s “Never Gonna Give You Up played in the background. “I’m going to make you some zucchini bread and then spread out some veggies on a plate, just the way you like it.”
In a shameless plug for the President’s signature health care law, he said “I love you so much. I ObamaCare about you more than you even know.”
The President’s message followed a surprise video appearance by the First Lady, who recited a special poem for the commander-in-chief. “Roses are red, violets are blue. You are the president, and I am your boo,” Michelle Obama said.
Watch the full video below.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement