Kanye West mentions a person presumed to be Taylor Swift in a song on his new album, rapping, “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex / I made that b—- famous.”
West infamously interrupted Swift’s acceptance of the Best Female Video award at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards. But the two appeared to have made amends in recent years. Swift presented West with a lifetime achievement award at the VMAs in August, and she joked about running on his presidential ticket when he sent her flowers afterward.
But the line off the highly anticipated album, The Life of Pablo, drew some critical attention Thursday, when the album was streamed live on TIDAL during West’s New York Fashion Week show.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time