Hey guys. It’s Tracy Morgan. As you probably know, I’m back. And you know what? I’m ready to start being funny again.
For as long as I can remember, I’ve used comedy to deal with anything that’s come my way. I figure it’s why God gave me my sense of humor. After all, if you don’t laugh, you’re going to cry.
So I decided to go back on tour. Even after everything I’ve been through, all those hardships, I knew it was time to go out there and feel the pulse of the people. And being back on that stage again? Ah, man, it’s like the first day I lost my virginity. Just incredible. It’s like a rebirth.
I remember when I stepped up on that stage during the Emmys last September, my first appearance since everything that happened. Oh, man, it was emotional. But at the same time, I wanted to let my family know that I was back by being funny. Because, to me, that’s the important thing. It was a moment that I’ll never forget in my life. To see L.L., Jon Hamm, Tina Fey, Jon Stewart…see all the people that I love in the game. They were welcoming me back. They were welcoming me home.
Now that I’m on the road, I’ve gotten back to my usual structured routine. To me, there’s nothing worse than living in chaos. I refuse to have that. Not at this point. That’s why I’m so grateful to have my family with me on the road. They keep me grounded. I’m a family man first; I’m a husband and a father above everything. Just seeing my wife and daughter every day has reminded me of what’s important and what’s really not. Keeps things in perspective.
I know that lots of you might be going through hard times right now, but remember one thing: Tough times don’t last, tough people do. In my opinion, you’ve got to either get busy living, or get busy dying—and I tell everybody to get busy living! Take it from me—I almost lost my life, and it’s too precious. You’ve got to live your life to the fullest. Don’t just follow your dreams, start living them.
I just want to finish this up by letting all you fans know that I love you all. I can’t wait to come to a city near you and give you that real ‘Tracy Morgan’ flavor. This tour, it’s the experience of my life. So let’s pick up the pieces!
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve