Batman may be getting old—“too old to die young,” as Alfred reminds him—but he totally dominates the final trailer for Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. That is, until Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman shows up and flies into battle like a bat out of hell (or, more accurately, a goddess out of Olympus). This trailer marks the first time we’ve heard the superheroine speak—and it’s a voice we’ll be hearing much more when her standalone movie comes out in 2017.
The story here is told from the perspective of Batman (Ben Affleck), who views Superman (Henry Cavill) as a potential threat to the human race. We also get glimpses of Amy Adams as Lois Lane and Jesse Eisenberg as a sinister Lex Luthor, who predicts that the showdown will be the “greatest gladiator match in the history of the world.”
Batman v Superman hits theaters March 25.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.