Batman may be getting old—“too old to die young,” as Alfred reminds him—but he totally dominates the final trailer for Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. That is, until Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman shows up and flies into battle like a bat out of hell (or, more accurately, a goddess out of Olympus). This trailer marks the first time we’ve heard the superheroine speak—and it’s a voice we’ll be hearing much more when her standalone movie comes out in 2017.
The story here is told from the perspective of Batman (Ben Affleck), who views Superman (Henry Cavill) as a potential threat to the human race. We also get glimpses of Amy Adams as Lois Lane and Jesse Eisenberg as a sinister Lex Luthor, who predicts that the showdown will be the “greatest gladiator match in the history of the world.”
Batman v Superman hits theaters March 25.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart