In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly Radio, Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds reflected on making the film The Green Lantern back in 2011. It was a film that, by many accounts, didn’t really work out. But for Reynolds, it holds a great deal of sentimental value, because it’s where he met his wife, Blake Lively.
At first, the two actors were just “buddies,” Reynolds says. But then he explains the moment when he knew they were going to be more than that: on a double date. With other people.
“That was like the most awkward date for the respective parties because we were just like fireworks coming across [the table],” Reynolds said.
Listen to the clip here:
During the interview, Reynolds also talked about his daughter, James.
“I truly worship that kid. It’s terrible. She has me so far wrapped around her finger it’s dumb,” he said. “She says ‘dada’ and I will walk through a cement wall to get to her.”
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate