In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly Radio, Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds reflected on making the film The Green Lantern back in 2011. It was a film that, by many accounts, didn’t really work out. But for Reynolds, it holds a great deal of sentimental value, because it’s where he met his wife, Blake Lively.
At first, the two actors were just “buddies,” Reynolds says. But then he explains the moment when he knew they were going to be more than that: on a double date. With other people.
“That was like the most awkward date for the respective parties because we were just like fireworks coming across [the table],” Reynolds said.
Listen to the clip here:
During the interview, Reynolds also talked about his daughter, James.
“I truly worship that kid. It’s terrible. She has me so far wrapped around her finger it’s dumb,” he said. “She says ‘dada’ and I will walk through a cement wall to get to her.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time