In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly Radio, Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds reflected on making the film The Green Lantern back in 2011. It was a film that, by many accounts, didn’t really work out. But for Reynolds, it holds a great deal of sentimental value, because it’s where he met his wife, Blake Lively.
At first, the two actors were just “buddies,” Reynolds says. But then he explains the moment when he knew they were going to be more than that: on a double date. With other people.
“That was like the most awkward date for the respective parties because we were just like fireworks coming across [the table],” Reynolds said.
Listen to the clip here:
During the interview, Reynolds also talked about his daughter, James.
“I truly worship that kid. It’s terrible. She has me so far wrapped around her finger it’s dumb,” he said. “She says ‘dada’ and I will walk through a cement wall to get to her.”
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy