David also starred in a less topical but still entertaining sketch called “FBI Simulator” as Kevin Roberts, an eccentric man with a penchant for doughnuts and neon orange suits. He pulled off the sketch pretty well, but as you’ll see from the outtakes real SNL just released, he had a really tough time with it during rehearsals.
And by really tough time, we just mean he could not stop giggling.
Vanity Fair has a theory about why this bizarre sketch aired so early in the show, when it feels like it would belong later in the night: Lorne Michaels was really hoping David would break character.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy