We’ve all been there: An acquaintance suggests grabbing coffee or dinner, and it’s unclear whether he or she has romantic intentions in mind. All sorts of factors go into the calculation: Is it dinner on a Saturday or coffee on a Tuesday? How well do you know this person?
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, Motto put together the following survey: You will be presented with 10 random scenarios that might or might not be considered a date, and you get to choose for each one if you think it counts as a date. When you’re done, you’ll see what percentage of other Motto readers made the same determination.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction