New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning is ready to explain his meme-inspiring Super Bowl moment.
When his brother Peyton Manning‘s team, the Denver Broncos, scored a critical touchdown that helped them defeat the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50, cameras captured Eli looking less than enthused about his older brother’s soon-to-be victory.
On Monday the Giants star answered the question on everyone’s mind – why the heck did he look so unhappy watching his older bro on the field?
“I was focused on whether they were going for two, and knew the defense had to step up and make some stops,” Eli told TMZ.
Eli, ever the good sport, has said the videos and memes of his face circling the Internet are “all good stuff.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization