The Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter announced the news in a video on Twitter featuring her young daughter, the real-life River Rose. Explaining that she often takes her daughter along on international trips, Clarkson said they’ve seen “all these amazing places that she was too little to remember, basically, so I started writing down these little fun stories” about their adventures. “The little stories ended up turning into a book,” she said. The story follows a little girl who’s too excited about the next day’s zoo visit to fall asleep, until her mom sings her a lullaby that gives her dreams about playing with hippos, penguins and other zoo creatures.
“My hope,” says Clarkson, “is for little kids to read River Rose and the Magical Lullaby and, you know, be inspired by it and know they can achieve anything.”
The picture book, with illustrations by Laura Hughes, will be published by HarperCollins on Oct. 4.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer