A man died after setting himself on fire outside the London home of Prince William, Kate Middleton and their two children, police say.
The 40-year-old man was found ablaze near a garden gate outside Kensington Palace early Tuesday morning, reports CNN. Authorities pronounced him dead at the scene.
Officers were called to the palace after reports of a man behaving suspiciously, according to the BBC.
The man’s death is not being treated as related to terrorism. The royal family was not at the palace when the incident occurred, the Guardian reports.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve