A man died after setting himself on fire outside the London home of Prince William, Kate Middleton and their two children, police say.
The 40-year-old man was found ablaze near a garden gate outside Kensington Palace early Tuesday morning, reports CNN. Authorities pronounced him dead at the scene.
Officers were called to the palace after reports of a man behaving suspiciously, according to the BBC.
The man’s death is not being treated as related to terrorism. The royal family was not at the palace when the incident occurred, the Guardian reports.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com