UCLA gymnast Sophina DeJesus dazzled the crowd with her nearly-flawless floor routine over the weekend. Sure, her layouts and back handsprings were excellent, but it was her hip hop dance moves that really stole the show.
Things start off a little awkward when the announcer calls her by the name of one of her teammates, but soon, everyone forgets all about that. Between her tumbling passes, she whips, she nae naes, she dabs. She radiates confidence. She belongs in a Beyoncé video.
In the meantime, someone set DeJesus’s routine to Kanye West’s “Facts.” It works quite well:
“I love dancing,” DeJesus told the New York Times. “I wanted to end my senior year with a bang.”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving