UCLA gymnast Sophina DeJesus dazzled the crowd with her nearly-flawless floor routine over the weekend. Sure, her layouts and back handsprings were excellent, but it was her hip hop dance moves that really stole the show.
Things start off a little awkward when the announcer calls her by the name of one of her teammates, but soon, everyone forgets all about that. Between her tumbling passes, she whips, she nae naes, she dabs. She radiates confidence. She belongs in a Beyoncé video.
In the meantime, someone set DeJesus’s routine to Kanye West’s “Facts.” It works quite well:
“I love dancing,” DeJesus told the New York Times. “I wanted to end my senior year with a bang.”
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out