The Mexican food chain Chipotle temporarily closed its doors Monday to discuss recent food safety issues. To try to make up for it and win back everybody’s hearts and stomachs, they offered coupons for free burritos.
Chipotle has dominated the Mexican fast-casual scene for a long time—so competitors were naturally very excited about the opportunity to rub sodium in Chipotle’s wounds. Some simply tossed light-hearted jabs, while others offered special deals to attract more customers during Chipotle’s closure.
And then, of course, there was Moe’s Southwest Grill, which ran a full-page advertisement in USA Today, declaring, “We’re open, especially on February 8th.”
Here are a few other competitors getting in on the game:
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization