Sikh-American designer and actor Waris Ahluwalia said he was not allowed to board his Aeroméxico flight Monday morning because of his turban, according to posts on Ahluwalia’s social media accounts.
Ahluwalia, who is based in New York, was trying to fly back from Mexico City on Monday when he was reportedly refused. Ahluwalia posted a photo on his Instagram account of himself holding his ticket.
“This morning in Mexico City I was told I could not board my @aeromexico flight to NYC because of my turban. #FearisanOpportunitytoEducate #humanrights #dignity #lovenotfear,” Ahluwalia wrote in the caption of his photo.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State