Sikh-American designer and actor Waris Ahluwalia said he was not allowed to board his Aeroméxico flight Monday morning because of his turban, according to posts on Ahluwalia’s social media accounts.
Ahluwalia, who is based in New York, was trying to fly back from Mexico City on Monday when he was reportedly refused. Ahluwalia posted a photo on his Instagram account of himself holding his ticket.
“This morning in Mexico City I was told I could not board my @aeromexico flight to NYC because of my turban. #FearisanOpportunitytoEducate #humanrights #dignity #lovenotfear,” Ahluwalia wrote in the caption of his photo.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate