All 2,000 Chipotle locations will be temporarily shut down during lunchtime Monday for a company-wide meeting about food safety. If you were planning on hitting Chipotle during that time, the company is very sorry it ruined your plans, and would like to provide you with a free burrito to make up for it.
All you have to do to redeem this offer is text the word “raincheck” to 888-222. They’ll text you back with a coupon for a free burrito within the next few days.
This, of course, is only a good deal if you still trust Chipotle after its tumultuous few months of E. coli outbreaks and salmonella outbreaks. Oh, and a norovirus outbreak. Oh, and a subsequent lawsuit.
Free food is a great way to most people’s hearts, so clearly they’re trying to win you back. The choice is yours.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms