In his latest installment of “Carpool Karaoke,” Late Late Show host James Corden invited the legendary Elton John to be his guest of honor. (Other recent guests, you may recall, include Chris Martin of Coldplay and, of course, Adele.)
Corden plays busts out several of Elton John’s greatest hits, from “Your Song” and “Tiny Dancer” to “Crocodile Rock” and “Circle of Life” from The Lion King. Naturally, they sing many of these in flamboyant outfits and colorful accessories.
There’s also plenty of chitchat between songs. Here are some things we learned about Elton John:
- He does not have a phone. He just doesn’t have one. (He does have an iPad, though.)
- He’s inspired by Ed Sheeran. And Grimes!
- He gets four copies of every album he purchases. (“One for the house here, one for the house in France, one for the house in England, one for the place in Atlanta.”)
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time