In his latest installment of “Carpool Karaoke,” Late Late Show host James Corden invited the legendary Elton John to be his guest of honor. (Other recent guests, you may recall, include Chris Martin of Coldplay and, of course, Adele.)
Corden plays busts out several of Elton John’s greatest hits, from “Your Song” and “Tiny Dancer” to “Crocodile Rock” and “Circle of Life” from The Lion King. Naturally, they sing many of these in flamboyant outfits and colorful accessories.
There’s also plenty of chitchat between songs. Here are some things we learned about Elton John:
- He does not have a phone. He just doesn’t have one. (He does have an iPad, though.)
- He’s inspired by Ed Sheeran. And Grimes!
- He gets four copies of every album he purchases. (“One for the house here, one for the house in France, one for the house in England, one for the place in Atlanta.”)
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction