“I just have to let it go. And try to be tolerant,” Jenner told Harper’s Bazaar. “[With] prayer. God. You know, just trying to understand. It takes time. But time is a wonderful healer. And we have two children together. It’s important for my kids to see our family strong and united.”
She also admitted to not being particularly familiar with the transgender community before Caitlyn’s transition from Bruce last year.
“I never really thought about it before. And I’d never known anyone who was transgender. I didn’t even know what the word meant,” Jenner said. “Because there’s transgender and transsexual … I just didn’t know much about it. So…I definitely got a big education.”
Jenner, 60, also gushed over son-in-law Kanye West to the magazine.
“I couldn’t be prouder. One thing people don’t realize about him is, not only is he so beyond talented, but he’s also a genius,” Jenner said. “And when he’s here, he’s so present. He’s the best daddy, and the best husband. Kim is so lucky to have him.”
Harper’s Bazaar‘s March issue is on newsstands Feb. 16.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now