Two people were shot to death and four others were injured during a Mardi Gras parade in Mississippi on Sunday, police said.
The two dead men were identified as Carlos Bates, 29 and Isiah Major III, 43, NBC affiliate WLBT reported, quoting the Harrison County coroner.
The conditions of the injured were not immediately available.
Police said a black man was seen fleeing the area with a handgun, although no suspects had been into taken into custody by early Sunday evening and the circumstances of the shooting remained unclear. The shooting occurred Sunday afternoon shortly after the 86th…
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving