Looks like “Formation” wasn’t the only surprise Beyoncé had in store for this weekend: the singer announced a new world tour after performing with Coldplay.
After performing her new single—which she surprise-released the day before the Super Bowl—and having a dance battle with Bruno Mars during Coldplay’s set, a TV spot announcing The Formation World Tour played at the conclusion of the Super Bowl 50 halftime show.
While full dates have not been announced, the 40-date tour will kick off on April 27, according to Billboard.
Beyoncé’s last tour was the On the Run Tour, which was a co-headlining tour with her husband Jay Z, in 2014. The star’s site appeared to crash shortly after the announcement.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time