Lady Gaga kicked off Super Bowl 50 with a performance of the national anthem dressed in a custom sparkling red Gucci suit and matching eyeshadow.
Gaga called the gig a “dream come true” in an interview with the NFL’s Nate Burleson that was published earlier this month. “I’ve always wanted to sing the national anthem at a major sporting event since I was a little girl,” she said. “And for it to be a Super Bowl…it is the ultimate.”
She joins a long list of pop stars—including Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera—who have had the honors of singing before kickoff. Last year, Idina Menzel performed the song.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022