Lady Gaga kicked off Super Bowl 50 with a performance of the national anthem dressed in a custom sparkling red Gucci suit and matching eyeshadow.
Gaga called the gig a “dream come true” in an interview with the NFL’s Nate Burleson that was published earlier this month. “I’ve always wanted to sing the national anthem at a major sporting event since I was a little girl,” she said. “And for it to be a Super Bowl…it is the ultimate.”
She joins a long list of pop stars—including Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera—who have had the honors of singing before kickoff. Last year, Idina Menzel performed the song.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears