Lady Gaga kicked off Super Bowl 50 with a performance of the national anthem dressed in a custom sparkling red Gucci suit and matching eyeshadow.
Gaga called the gig a “dream come true” in an interview with the NFL’s Nate Burleson that was published earlier this month. “I’ve always wanted to sing the national anthem at a major sporting event since I was a little girl,” she said. “And for it to be a Super Bowl…it is the ultimate.”
She joins a long list of pop stars—including Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera—who have had the honors of singing before kickoff. Last year, Idina Menzel performed the song.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time