Two people were killed and several others were injured early Sunday when at least three shooters opened fire inside an Orlando nightclub, authorities said.
Up to 10 people were injured after gunfire erupted at the Glitz Ultra Lounge in Florida about 1 a.m., Orlando Police Department spokeswoman Michelle Guido told CNN. One person died at the scene, and another died in a hospital, Guido said.
At least one person was injured while trying to flee the club, which had about 300 people inside during the shooting, according to CNN. It’s unclear what led to the shooting or whether any suspects have been identified.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate