Presidential candidates are no comedians. But they try.
On the trail, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz jokes that his wife’s only flaw is a poor eyesight, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders makes a reference to his messy hair, and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio explains why he didn’t let his kids go sledding.
If they want to win, candidates need to connect with voters. But sometimes it doesn’t always work out so well: New Hampshire and Iowa voters can be a tough crowd.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023