Donald Trump seems to have ended his feud with Fox News.
After skipping a debate in Iowa following a back-and-forth with Fox and then coming in second to Texas Sen. Ted Cruz in the Iowa caucuses, Trump says he won’t be boycotting the next Fox News sponsored Republican debate, the candidate said on the Steve Malzberg radio show.
“I’ll be there, I have no objection to being there,” Trump said Friday.
The network announced this week that it will host a March 3rd Republican debate in Detroit. On Thursday Megyn Kelly—the Fox News anchor whom Trump previously said had treated him unfairly—told Jimmy Fallon that she thought Trump skipping the debate contributed to his defeat in Iowa.
“I think he thinks it hurt him,” Kelly said. “It was basically his last job interview with the Iowans and he skipped it.”
When asked about the Detroit debate and Fox News, Trump pointed the finger at the network rather than its host.
“That had nothing to do with Megyn Kelly,” Trump said. “The fact that I went out of the last one had to do with a memo that was sent out by Fox that was a little bit taunting and I said it was inappropriate.”
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement