“He’s almost too polite,” she said during an interview with CBS on Thursday. “I don’t advise him, but if I gave him advice: I would say, ‘Why don’t you interrupt like the other people do?'”
Barbara Bush, who also described her son as dependable and “relatively funny,” clarified that she thinks he should interrupt more during the Republican debates, which have often been dominated by Donald Trump.
“I’ve gotten better at interrupting, mom, come on,” Jeb Bush said in response.
Read Next: Barbara Bush Cuts Ad for Jeb
“He’s so polite. We brought him up that way,” Barbara Bush said. “And he does not brag like some people we know.”
Asked if she thinks anyone running for president is bragging too much, Barbara Bush declined to name any names.
“I’m not getting into a spitting match with him. He can spit further than I can,” she said.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time