An Italian actor who was strangled in a hanging scene during a performance has been pronounced dead.
The family of Raphael Schumacher, 27, has authorized doctors to harvest his organs, CNN reported, citing Cisanello Hospital in Pisa.
Schumacher was part of an interactive experimental theater production that allows audience members to walk through scenes taking place in different parts of the theater. One of the audience members realized the noose around Schumaker’s neck was too tight, and he was taken to the hospital.
Two directors and two stage technicians are now being investigated for manslaughter in his death, according to the Italian news agency ANSA.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma