Sir Elton John stopped by a London train station on Thursday to surprise commuters with an impromptu concert. The 68-year-old singer-songwriter sat down at a piano in the middle of St Pancras and began a surprise performance, much to the delight of everyone passing through.
A huge crowd gathered to watch John play, with many posting pictures and videos of the appearance on Twitter.
After a few songs, the “Tiny Dancer” artist wrote a short note and signed the piano before leaving the station. “Enjoy this piano,” he wrote. It’s a gift. Love, Elton John.”
He also posted a photo on his Instagram with a caption explaining his message: “Surprise!! I popped into St Pancras International to christen the Yamaha piano which I donated to the station. Now everyone can have a play.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time